We are on the 30th of December, just one day away from a new year. We could leave behind the COVID19 or, at least, thanks to the rapidly developed vaccines start leaving it behind. It has been indeed a very difficult year. We don’t know how our economies will recover and we might not yet discover how this virus got out so quickly. Conspiracy? Natural? What’s obvious is that humans are even more vulnerable to microorganisms that mass destruction weapons. Therefore, technology and innovation are key for the future in the economy, jobs, healthcare, education (hey, don’t deny traditional education – and writing is still critical to neurological developing).
Having said that, we have encountered many new technologies or already developed ones that just explode are 100% implemented because the acceleration of what was predicted to come a few years later has been consolidated in our daily personal and professional lives. We don’t believe personal meetings or even conferences and congresses will disappear but they will certainly be fewer, more efficient and specific. Furthermore, we have found that there are still running so many predictions of what will come that we decided to just illustrate what other colleges are saying. However, we will add some mystery to those propositions.
- The best SaaS or connected devices, platforms, etc…Despite Slack has been bought by Salesforce and that Zoom is not mentioned, we could say it is a quite interesting approach when the guess was made: https://aithority.com/ait-featured-posts/20-saas-companies-to-watch-out-in-2020/
- Bitcoin: payment or platform? https://www.bernardmarr.com/default.asp?contentID=1849
- Video conferencing: Zoom seems to have grown and advanced the famous Gartner curve adoption of technology. Well, Microsoft Teams has also taken the good road to the technology: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/11/11/2124647/0/en/Global-Web-Conferencing-Market-2020-2030-Increasing-Demand-Due-to-COVID-19-to-Drive-Market-Value-from-2-1-Billion-to-75-Billion.html
- Design: Google new design is a flaw or we’re still finding and designing new trends: https://envato.com/lp/best-wordpress-themes-of-2020/
- Above-all-Cloud: Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services have grown at a great speed. Google Cloud is behind them. Is Google just search and Android?: https://blog.consoleconnect.com/a-look-back-at-console-connect-in-2020
- European Tech investment: we will let ATOMICO deliver: https://2020.stateofeuropeantech.com
As of today’s believe and thanks (or not) to technology, ‘things are not anymore 2+2’ since deployment and development of new features, tools, and many other gadgets come out every ‘second’ around the world. In other words, we are certain we left lots out but we are sure that automation is here to stay: https://zapier.com/blog/2020-in-review-at-zapier
Happy end of 2020 and all the wishes for 2021!